Why Can't I Shower After Cupping?
Before A Cupping or Cupping Massage Treatment:
After A Cupping or Cupping Massage Treatment
1. Drink Plenty of fluids (Water). Water aides the lymphatic system to help move cellular waste that has been trapped in your tissues that may have been released during your session.
2. Wear Warm Clothing if necessary. Depending on the cupping session, blood pressure can drop just like from receiving a massage, so you might feel cool after a treatment depending on what type of treatment you received.
3. Rest if needed. Depending on the cupping treatment you received, you may feel tired, relaxed and slightly lethargic. Some may experience mild flu-like symptoms after cupping due to the immune response to the flushing of toxins to your lymphatic system.
Avoid after Cupping or Cupping Massage Treatment:
1. Avoiding Hot Showers, Saunas, hot tubs After Cupping for at least 3 hours is important because the skin could be very sensitive in the areas where the cups were placed and may easily burn if exposed to hot water. Your skin or cupping marks may feel hot. This is because the dilation of capillaries causes heat and the warm sensation. Cold Shower may also irritate skin or sting if the skin is sensative. If the Skin does become irritated, aloe vera and vitamin E are great for helping soothe the skin and reduce redness and swelling. There are many cupping treatments where irritation of the skin is not an issue, but you should always check.
2. Avoid Soap or Shampoo for several hours after cupping. These Chemical products typically contain ingredients that could further irritate your skin after cupping. There are lighter cupping treatments where irritation of the skin is not an issue, but you should always check.
3. Avoid: Caffeine in coffee, tea, colas, chocolate, and energy drinks as well as alcohol, sugar, dairy and processed meats may actually make decrease the body's ability to flush as well from the cupping treatment.
4. Avoid Intense Exercise: Depending on the cupping treatment you received, you may be tired, lethargic, relaxed or your blood pressure may have dropped, so you may not want to perform an intense workout directly after a cupping session. There are lighter cupping treatments where this may not be an issue, but you should always check.